Monday, 6 January 2014

MISS MANGA - L'Oreal Mascara Review



After being the hunt for a new mascara to replace my ever loved Benefit Bad Gal Lashes for what seems like forever, I came across L'Oreal new mascara 'Miss Manga' while browsing the Superdrug sale.

Here's what L'Oreal say about the new mascara - "Create the manga look! Mascara with mega volume for both upper and lower lashes. For you who wants extra volume with an easy application. Mega volume x15 for upper and lower lashes. Flexible brush gives your upper and lower lashes mega volume. The tapered shape creates 360 degrees of volume and makes it easy to apply mascara to upper and lower lashes."

First off, I do quite like the packaging.  Girly but simple, well done L'Oreal!  I've used the mascara a couple of times now and I can't say I'm overly impressed with the formula. Sorry L'Oreal! It seems very wet, if that makes any sense? It might work better when it dries out a bit, but at the minute I'm just not seeing this "x15 volume"! 


The brush is quite good, I'll say that. It's thicker at one end, which is great, especially because you want your outer lashes to have more volume than the inner ones, so that makes sense.
It's £5.99 at the minute in Superdrug which is pretty reasonable but in a couple of weeks it will be going up to £8.99, which I don't think I'll be paying for this product.  



Another plus to the product is that it comes in a few different colours.  In my local Superdrug they stocked the mascara in purple, which is something a bit different from black I suppose.  Still not entirely sure if I'd wear purple mascara on a daily basis though.


This mascara is going to get a 6/10 for me. I'll be sticking to my Rimmel Scandleyes for the mean time, until I find something amazing on the high street! 

Have you tried Miss Manga mascara? What did you think?



lisatakespictures
xo

2 comments:

  1. i've seen this so many times and been tempted, it looks good in your picture but i'm not sure about the wetness! Thanks for the review xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this today from my local Boots store! It's the same bargain price for now, I bought the Purple one too! It makes your eyes pop if they're green, which mine are :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me comment! I read & reply to every one I can! :)